For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (504) 592-6440 Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Rehabilitation Services at New Orleans East Hospital is a multidisciplinary outpatient program specializing in a variety of therapies which help to ease the transition back to everyday life. Our skilled rehabilitation professionals provide extensive support to restore function, reduce pain, and increase emotional strength and endurance.
We are proud to offer the following outpatient rehabilitation services to assist you on your journey to a successful recovery:
Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine
New Orleans East Hospital’s Physical Therapists begin with an evaluation that may include a series of tests and measures to determine range of motion, muscle strength, postural alignment and abnormalities in movement patterns, body mechanics and quality of functional activities of daily living, sensation, balance, coordination, endurance, and nerve function.
Under the careful guidance of our physical therapists, a wide range of exercises and treatment programs are tailored to meet your specific needs and help you reach your goals. At NOEH your treatment plan may include:
- Therapeutic activities to restore functional movement and ability
- Neuromuscular re-education to improve balance and posture
- Manual therapy techniques to improve joint and soft tissue mobility
- Modalities to decrease inflammation and swelling
- Back and Neck Pain
- Arthritis and other degenerative joint diseases
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Muscle, Myofascial & Joint Pain Sprains & Strains
- Orthopedic Trauma Pre- and Post-Operative Conditions Weakness or Loss of Motion
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Pre/Post-Partum Orthopedic Related Disorders
- Body Malalignments (Scoliosis)/Spinal Dysfunctions
- Chronic Pain/Fibromyalgia
- Sports Injuries
- Industrial Injuries
- Balance Disorders
- Gait Instability (Prosthetic Training)
Speech Language Pathology
When it comes to Speech Language Pathology, it’s important to remember that a difference is made one word at a time. NOEH’s outpatient Speech Language Pathology services include evaluations and therapy for pediatrics and adults in the following areas:
Communication/cognitive impairments as result of stroke, brain injury or neurological disease including:
- Understanding and using language
- Memory, thought organization and reasoning
- Word finding
- Social communication
- Oral-motor therapy, including tongue thrust (lisp)
- Articulation (speech-sound production)
- Apraxia of speech
- Literacy difficulties, including phonological awareness
- Assistive/augmentative communication
- Fluency (stuttering)·
- Speaking with appropriate grammar
- Social language (pragmatics)
- Auditory processing and memory
- Comprehension (understanding) of spoken and/or written language
- Head and neck cancer related speech and/or swallowing issues.
- Voice evaluation and therapy for patients who present with voice problems.
- Tracheostomized adults who require assistance with communication and swallowing.
New Orleans East Hospital’s Occupational Therapists may be able to help you return to an independent lifestyle, doing the things you love.
Our occupational therapists work with people of all ages who need specialized assistance to reach their personal goals of independence, productivity and overall life satisfaction. Under the careful guidance of our occupational therapists, a wide range of exercises and treatment programs are tailored to meet your specific needs and help you reach your goals.
Our Occupational Therapy program can provide significant benefits for these and other conditions:
- Hand/Upper Extremity Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Joint Arthroplasties
- Orthopedic Trauma/Post-Operative Conditions
- Skeletal, Muscle, Tendon & Ligament Pain
- Body Malalignments (Scoliosis)
- Chronic Pain/Fibromyalgia
- Neurological Impairments (Stroke, head injuries)
- Musculoskeletal Trauma
- Work-related Injuries
- Weakness or Loss of Motion
- Therapeutic exercises to increase strength, range of motion and flexibility
- Stretching and job simulation tasks
- Electrotherapy for biofeedback, strengthening and to improve neuromuscular coordination
- Education to help you understand the evaluations findings and treatment plan
Rehab Hours: Monday – Friday from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM
To contact us, please call 504-592-6440. Fax 504-592-6446.