To schedule a Sleep Study please call 1-888-875-7557 or (504)598-6370 and ask to be scheduled in New Orleans East Hospital (NOEH). Register on the 2nd floor of the NOEH Emergency Department, you will be escorted to the Sleep Center.
DO YOU FREQUENTLY…
DO YOU FREQUENTLY…
- Wake up groggy or tired in the morning, no matter how many hours you’ve slept?
- Wake up startled, with your heart pounding?
- Have severe morning headaches or sore and dry throat?
- Lack energy at work or feel as if you are in a fog?
- Suffer from hypertension (high blood pressure)?
Experience uncontrollable sleepiness at inappropriate times: while driving,
at meals, at meetings or consistently in front of the television screen?
- Experience forgetfulness, mood swings or changes in sexual activity?
- Snore very loudly?
- Flail arms and legs during the night?
- Have episodes of choking and gasping while sleeping?
- Recurring awakenings or insomnia?
- Have a neck circumference of 17” for men or 15” for women?
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET SLEEP DISORDERS GO UNDIAGNOSED?
Health problems could develop or become worse:
- Stroke or heart attack risk
- Weight gain, depression or anxiety
- Neurological problems
- Work or vehicle accidents due to fatigue
- Decreased quality of life
- A sleep study or polysomnogram (PSG) is a diagnostic test used to measure and record different stages of sleep, as well as identify various sleep disorders. Sensor leads are placed on the head, chest and legs to monitor brain waves, eye movement, breathing, heart rate, oxygen levels and muscle tone. This test is completely safe and painless.
- Eat all normal meals (do not overeat for your evening meal).
- Take all medications as normal (if you need to take medications during the study, you must self-administer them, as we do not).
- Abstain from caffeinated beverages after noon.
- Bring comfortable items to sleep in – pajamas, nightgowns, etc. Sleep clothing is mandatory!
- Bathe and arrive with clean hair. Do not use gels or hair products. Be aware that the electrodes are adhered with a gel. Allow time to return home to shower once the sleep study is complete.
- Bring your driver’s license and a copy of your insurance.
- Arrive at 8:30 p.m.
Register on the 2nd Floor of the NOEH Emergency Department.
You will be escorted to the Sleep Center.