- Adult Volunteer Application: To apply please review the Volunteer Requirements and the Volunteer Handbook.
- Jr. Volunteer Application: To apply please review the application process.
New Orleans East Hospitals’ (NOEH) Volunteers are caring, dedicated and committed to helping others. They give of their time and share their talents. The hospital staff at New Orleans East depends on and appreciates the many contributions volunteers make to assist in creating quality experiences for our guests. Opportunities to serve are numerous. If you want to connect to your community, create new relationships and add meaning to your life, consider joining our team!
Volunteers must be 18 years or older. In order to provide the best support for our guests, their families and visitors NOEH seeks volunteers that will treat our patients and guests with courtesy, concern, kindness and compassion. NOEHs’ volunteers are required to provide a minimum of 50 hours per calendar year.
If you need any further information about New Orleans East Volunteer or Junior Volunteer Program, please contact New Orleans East Volunteer Office at 504-592-6633.
- Family Liaisons: Volunteers will serve as family liaisons in the following areas: Emergency, Intensive Care, and other family waiting areas in the hospital. Volunteers will maintain a comforting environment for families waiting on news about their loved one. Volunteers provide reading materials and information about the hospital and surrounding area, while keeping visitors informed of a patient’s progress.
- Information Desk: For those who enjoy high public interaction, the hospital’s information desks are an ideal location. These volunteers’ direct visitors throughout the facility, answer phones, give visitors’ patients’ room numbers and help locate doctors’ offices. The volunteers also receive flowers, gifts and mail for patients.
Ambassadors/Greeters: New Orleans East Hospital ambassadors may be the first person
a patient or family meets as they enter the hospital. These volunteers welcome, greet, direct, and accompany patients and guests throughout the hospital.
- Book Cart: Volunteers visit patients on hospital floors and clinical waiting areas providing reading materials from the Volunteer Services Library.
- Chaplaincy: The Chaplains serve multiple needs at New Orleans East Hospital. Eucharistic ministry volunteers/Chaplaincy will bring communion to those who wish to receive the sacrament. Other Chaplains will provide support, comfort and counseling to patients, their families and guests.
- Administrative: Volunteers assist the hospital’s administrative staff with answering phones, copying, filing, data entry, and assembling materials. Opportunities are open to volunteers who would like to gain office experience. This experience is in a hospital environment, which is limited to specific departments volunteers may also assist administration with various projects.
- Courier: Deliver supplies and equipment vital to patient care, restock incoming product, perform inventory counts, and assemble materials as needed in the Supply Department. Volunteers may collect and distribute wheelchairs and dozens of other in-hospital errands. Volunteers are caring, dedicated and committed to helping others. They give of their time and share their talents.