Active Visitor Restrictions in place at all facilities. Click here for more information about visiting and other developments related to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Call Us Location Physicians

Patient FAQs

Q. How may family members contact me if I am a NOEH patient?

A. Family members and friends may call NOEH at 504.592.6600 and request to be transferred to you. They may also request your phone number and dial directly to your room.

Q. When I check‐in and register, what kind of personal belongings should I bring?

A. You may bring a small bag of personal belongings such as toothbrush, robe, slippers and hairbrush. Storage and care of items such as dentures, eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids or other prosthetics are the patient’s responsibility. If possible, label all your belongings. Labeling greatly increases the chance of finding your items should they become misplaced. NOEH does not assume responsibility for lost articles but will make every effort to help you find them. If you lose an item, notify your nurse immediately. We encourage patients to send valuables home with family members. Please keep these items in their containers as appropriate. For patients who suffer with sleep disorders and use a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure system (CPAP machine), please be sure to bring the device with you.

Q. What are the visiting hours at NOEH?

A. Visiting hours are as follows:

  • Medical-Surgical Unit (Acute Care): Open visitation
  • Intensive Care Unit (ICU): Open visitation (except between the hours of 6 am - 8 am and 6 pm - 8 pm for shift change)

​For more information vist our visiting hours site

Q. Where is the nearest ATM?

A. There is an ATM located on the first floor of the main building across from restrooms outside of Café East.

Q. Why do I need to register every time I visit the hospital?

A. NOEH offers a variety of services and the insurance companies require a separate ID for each visit.

Q. After my visit to NOEH, why do I receive bills from places other than the hospital?

A. Please contact NOEH Patient Financial Services Department at 504.592.6574 with all questions related to your bill.

Q. How do I obtain copies of my medical records, records for a minor, a deceased family member or my spouse?

A. You can visit the Health Information Department located on the first floor of the main hospital building. For your personal medical records you can visit our office to obtain a copy. Should you need to pick a copy up for a minor or your spouse, you will need to have them complete a release of information authorization form entitling you to receive the information. Please note: processing fees for personal copies of some records may apply. Please contact the Health Information Management Department 504.592.6590.

Q. How do I schedule a mammogram?

A. Please call the NOEH Imaging Department at 504.592.6577 to schedule an appointment for a mammogram. You will need to provide information such as your name, date of birth, phone number, address, and the name of your  physician.

Q. What about Living Wills / Advance Directives?

A. Federal legislation requires NOEH to provide information prior to hospitalization about the Patient Self‐Determination Act (PSDA). NOEH has forms and information regarding Advance Directives in our patient handbook. This material must describe:

  • Your rights under state law to make decisions about medical care, including the right to accept or refuse medical and surgical treatment.
  • Your rights to formulate advance medical directives such as a living will or/and durable power of attorney for health care, to guide the provision of care should you become unable to make your own decisions.
  • You may contact Social Services at 504.592.6580

​Q. Where should I park when I come to NOEH?

A. Patient and visitor parking are available on the first level of the campus to the right of the
emergency ramp entrance.

>> Back to Patient and Visitors

Back to Top of Page